The Smart/Micro Grids Research Center (SMGRC) at the University of Kurdistan is seeking highly motivated postdoctoral candidates interested in working on the following areas:
● Microgrids dynamics and control
● Renewable integrated power systems stability and control
● Data-driven parameter estimation, modeling, and control
● Grid-connected stability analysis and control
The successful candidate must have outstanding achievement in his/her doctoral research and possess independent research abilities and ambitious scientific goals.
● Salary: monthly salary for the accepted applicants is in the range of 50 to 100 percent (depending on the type of contract) salary of a new employed assistant professor at the University of Kurdistan
● Duration: 1-year term, renewable for a 2nd year based on performance
● Anticipated start date: October 1, 2021
● This is a 100% research position, with no teaching obligations.
Applications are due September 8, 2021, and must include the following:
● Cover letter (maximum 750 words): please explain your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications, with particular attention to your experience with qualitative (or mixed) methods and interdisciplinary research
● Current CV
● One relevant publication
● Name & email for 2-3 academic references included in the CV (to be contacted for short-listed candidates)
Please email your application to the SMGRC office at smgrc[at]uok.ac.ir (copy to: bevrani[at]uok.ac.ir, q.shafiee[at]uok.ac.ir).
Please use @ instead of [at]
● Include the subject line: “Postdoctoral Application – [Your First & Last Name].”
For more information about our team and activities, you can visit our website at https://smgrc.uok.ac.ir.